How the ‘Nicolas Cage’ film became an ‘awful movie’
Posted On June 18, 2021
The movie about a man with terminal cancer who struggles to care for his dying mother has become an embarrassing and divisive political affair, and has prompted accusations of racism.
The film, starring Cage, was made by the production company of the late George Clooney, which had its offices in New York City at the time of its release.
It has been criticized for the way it depicts Cage’s mother, who died at age 49 in 2010.
The director, Nicolas Cage, and producer Andrew Kosove say they were told by producers that they had to remove her from the film because it depicts a “horrific, painful and tragic story.”
The film depicts the death of a man named Nicolas Cage who was unable to care his mother, Nancy, due to the complications of cancer.
The trailer of the film shows Cage playing his mother in a wheelchair.
It includes footage of Cage standing next to a bed covered in blankets and covered in his mother’s ashes.
The family of Cage’s wife, Emma, and his daughters, Tanya and Lila, have also come out in opposition.
The backlash has prompted the production to issue a statement apologizing for the film and saying that it did not make light of the tragic death of Cage.
“We were advised to remove the scene in the trailer because it is insensitive and it portrays an extremely painful and disturbing story, but we decided not to remove it because it was in our best interests to respect the family and their wishes,” the statement said.
The movie was made for the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
It was originally scheduled to release on Dec. 5, but it was pushed back to Dec. 16 after a delay in the investigation of a child abuse allegation.
Cage himself has said the film has helped him cope with his illness and he is working to have the film released as soon as possible.
The production company also released a statement saying it was aware of the controversy and would be releasing a statement to the press to clarify the film’s portrayal of the death.
“This is the first time we have ever been in the news and that’s what it is,” Kosove said.
“It is a very hard thing for anyone to deal with when you are dying, especially when you have to deal, in this case, with a horrible, painful, and tragic thing happening to your family.”
The production of the movie was part of the larger effort to release a number of films by a number to promote the release of a number.
The New York Post reported in May that the film had been given a green light by Warner Bros. after it was approved by a committee of the Motion Picture Association of America.
“The truth is, the industry has been pushing this movie,” Kosovos said.
He said he believes the production was not aware of what the backlash would be and that Warner Bros., which had a hand in the film, did not give it a chance to make its case.
“What I have to say to the filmmakers is, I do think they made a mistake,” Kosoves said.
In a statement, the production studio said that it “does not tolerate insensitive, offensive, or harmful depictions of any race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin in any medium.”
“The film does not reflect the views of the producer, directors, producers, writers, actors, or other individuals on this film crew, or the studios that have supported this project.
We will continue to fight to ensure that any negative portrayal of any group or person is addressed in future films.”