The 2017 Stanley’s Cup Final was the first in NHL history to be played on the East Coast, but the game still stands as one of the best hockey moments of all time.
Here’s what you need to know from the event.
What’s in the Stanley Cup Final?
– What happened in the first round?
– Which players and teams were named to the championship team?
– Who won?
– And what happened in Game 3?
– Watch highlights of Game 4 in the video above.
What was the NHL All-Star game?
– This is the official NHL All Star Game.
The All-Stars will compete for the Stanley Cups at Honda Center in Anaheim, California, on Feb. 18, 2021.
Who won the Cup?
– The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley’s in six games in the 2014 playoffs.
– The Washington Capitals were the defending champions in the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs.
The New York Rangers and St. Louis Blues were the 2015 champions.
What happened on the Stanley cup stage?
– On the Stanley ice, the NHL took the ice for a short ceremony, with players and coaches signing autographs.
Fans got to experience the Stanley trophy ceremony for themselves, but they were treated to the full game, including some special postgame ceremonies.
The Blackhawks won Game 7 on a goal by Artemi Panarin that went in off the crossbar.
The Predators won Game 4 on a shootout goal by Filip Forsberg.
The Ducks won Game 5 on a power play goal by Jake Virtanen.
The Kings won Game 6 on a shorthanded goal by Brandon Saad.
The Stars won Game 1 on a penalty kill goal by John Klingberg.
A banner was unfurled in the stands in the middle of the ice.
The Bruins won Game 2 on a goals by David Pastrnak goal that went wide left.
The Oilers won Game 3 on a Tyler Seguin goal that came off a rebound.
The Capitals won Game 8 on a second-period goal by Alex Ovechkin that went right through the crossbars.
The Blues won Game 9 on a short-handed goal by Braden Holtby that went through a deflection.
The Lightning won Game 10 on a game-tying goal by Martin St. Pierre.
What else was on display?
– There was also the Stanley Trophy ceremony, where the winners of the Stanley Memorial Trophy will be named.
The ceremony will be broadcast on NHL Network.
It will be streamed live on NHL.com.
The NHL Awards ceremony is expected to be held at the Pepsi Center in Denver on Jan. 21, 2021, and the Awards Ceremony at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, on Jan 1, 2022.
Who will win the Stanley?
– As always, it’s up to the players to choose the best team in the NHL.
This year, players were asked to choose from four teams in a poll on NHL Live.
The winner of that poll will win both the Stanley and Conn Smythe trophies.
Here is how that process went down: The winner: Pittsburgh Penguins, which lost the Stanley in five games.
Pittsburgh won the Presidents’ Trophy as the best coach in the league.
Pittsburgh finished in third place in the Metropolitan Division, with four points behind the Blackhawks and the Predators.
The Penguins’ best player is Sidney Crosby.
He won the Norris Trophy as most valuable player in the playoffs, and he finished in the top five in scoring in each of the past two years.
Pittsburgh’s captain is Evgeni Malkin.
He had a career-high 21 points in the postseason.
Pittsburgh went to the Stanley Final after finishing with a 15-20-2 record.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have won three Stanley Cups.
Who wins the Conn Smyther Trophy?
– In the past, Conn Smyth was awarded to the player who led his team to the most victories.
The Stanley Cup is the only trophy to win both Conn Smyths.
Crosby has won two Conn Smyts, while Malkin has won the other.
The 2016-17 Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins and the 2016-19 Stanley Cup runner-up Philadelphia Flyers both won their Conn Smysts.
Crosby and Malkin both won Stanley Cups with the Penguins.
The 2017-18 Stanley Cup winner is the Pittsburgh Penguins.
– Here is the Stanley final lineup and coaches: Sidney Crosby – Sidney Crosby (Sidney Crosby won the Conn Trophy for most valuable defenseman in the 2017-2018 playoffs), Joe Thornton – Joe Thornton (Sven Baertschi won the Hart Trophy for best defenseman in 2017-19), Artemi St. Petry – Artemi Gonchar (Nicklas Backstrom won the Art Ross Trophy for goaltending in 2017), Anton Stralman – Joe Pavelski (Pavel Datsyuk won the Selke Trophy for winning the Artem Anisimov Trophy), Phil Kessel – Phil Kontos (Kevan Miller won the Calder Trophy as best defenseman) – Jonathan Toews – Jonathan Bystrom (Jonathan To